Saturday 23 February 2013

My body is a temple...... no its a work in progress!

I walked out of the house this morning ready to take on the next challenge - Core class at the gym. I was really keen and really looking forward to it. The five minute walk even though it was fraught with danger (trees being dismantled rather close to the footpath) didn't deter me. The wonderful feeling didn't dissipate until 2 minutes into the start of the class itself, when my heart rate shot through the roof, and the lactic acid had managed to hijacked my entire body. Breathing had become a labour intensive act that if I wasn't being reminded to do I would have forgotten. And this is just the start of the class.

Well as you'd imagine the class contained some outstanding moves to help you with your core..... Thing is, as it transpires, I DONT HAVE A CORE! The holding and repetitive moves I just couldn't complete. I started missing my Pilates instructor, Hugo. I feel the need to make I LOVE HUGO T-Shirts. Oh I digress.

Anyway we get to the end of the class, and its time for stretching, which as I could barley move at this point, was almost impossible. the colour of my face is now the same colour as someone that has an alcohol problem. Which then brings me to the walk home, I had to maintain a composure that didn't make me look like I needed someone to call an ambulance. This task was successfully executed, all the way to my front door. Upon managing to unlock and open, I fell flat on my face. Hopefully out of shot of my neighbours! I crawled to the kitchen where I opened a can of cherry coke, two packets of onion rings and a chunky kitkat.

I should have had breakfast before I left this morning! Note to self get up earlier.

I love the fact that I have managed to make an early exercise class, I don't like the fact that compared to the others that attend I look like this...... See below
 
Anyway I will stick with it, one day I will have the body that I want..... mind you I might have to go out and nick it!!!
 
Have a good day one and all
 

No comments:

Post a Comment