Sunday 17 February 2013

Early birds don't necessarly get the worm....

I was woken early this morning by the sound of a friend messaging me. We had planned to venture early to the gym to get a circuit down before the masses got there. I managed to throw on some clothes and crawl downstairs to make a cup of tea.... (I really should have made it coffee!) as I thought that I had plenty of time to drink it.

I embarked on sorting out the stuff that I wanted to take to the gym, have a couple of puffs on the old inhalers, in the hope that my lungs would remain fully inflated during our work out. Just as I took a sip of my tea my friend arrived and burst through my door. The sense of calm was broken and it was time to make our way to the gym..... Can I just say that the gym reminds me of a medevil torcher chamber, the only difference being that the equipment has a modern twist and its better lit. Instead of a draft you have air conditioning.

Anyway, we started walking to the gym all keen and very much up for a session of sweating. Its only a 5 minute walk or so. I notice that the car park is empty, jolly good, no one to witness my attepts at keeping fit.


An illustration of my figure!

So we arrive at the gym complex, at 0815, only to find its shut, the doors don't open till 0930. HOW STUPID do we feel! You can imagine our disappointment. But we have learnt a very valuable lesson. CHECK OPENING TIMES. Not everyone is up at the weekend at stupid o'clock as we were.

I have managed to attend the gym everyday this weekend,either workingout or playing badminton and tomorrow I am booked into a Pilates class. Only one thing that is being a rather large hindrance and causing some concern. Cramp and lactic acid build up in my legs. My bodies way of telling me I'm unfit... which is just bloody rude if you ask me.

Anyway on our return the 'keen' feeling had subsided, spoilt by the fact that we should have known better and we felt really silly.

It wasn't a complete EPIC FAIL, just a little one.

The rest of the day has been must more constructive. My assignment is almost finished and I have managed to get some supplies in. A good day all in all.

I hope you have had a good one, and have enjoyed my silly ramblings.






No comments:

Post a Comment