Wednesday 6 February 2013

What a feeling......

What a good day, well it was more a good evening. Albeit a journey into the unknown! Started off with a very successful jogging session, with a couple of extra runners this evening in the guise of my mum and dad's miniature dachshunds, Dolly and Maude. Not your average dogs for jogging. They out ran me!

Anyway when we returned I bolted a cheese sandwich and headed for the great unknown, an hour of Pilates at the gym near my home.

Eighteen willing people and me.... a nervous person who had no idea what I was letting myself in for! I soon learnt that its all about stretching and breathing and balance. Something which if you suffer from bouts of gas could have been very embarrassing. I would have been mortified if I was rooking backward and forward and farting at the same time. My body was being kind and only noises it made were the breathing sounds and also a few cracking noises from joints that hadn't been moved like that in a very long time.

So after that, I returned and contacted my gym buddy. Next week the plan of action is jog with one buddy and pilates and gym with my other buddy. not to mention Badminton and gym at the weekend, with intervals of more OU enlightenment. I need to work on the tubby body that I appear to have now.

Next month, I can  get swimming stuff for the new pool and start to teach my nephew how to swim. The more I think about it the more I'm looking forward to it. His mother , my sister, and I used to be brilliant swimmers. I'm hoping I can share my previous knowledge of water babyness!

No comments:

Post a Comment