Thursday 21 February 2013

FARTes and friendship

What a week. Life affirming really. Too much time spent at the gym and taking part in exercise classes that I'm punching a little (a lot) above my weight in! A well respected colleague has managed to explain something to me that I should have realised myself. Some people are just under developed! Blongs are wonderful therapy for venting as long as they are done in a healthy way.


 
 

Yesterday during Pilates I was focusing on my core, my pelvic floor and controlling the most powerful of all my body parts, containing my wind/gas! I'm not entirely sure why this bodily function is so prolific. May be its just my increasing age. 
 
Anyway I have come up with a new range on t-shirts for people like me to wear to the gym.. "Intimidated gym member" this can work on many levels. For those, like myself you will be placed close to the speakers to hopefully drown out the noise of what your body may produce during the workout. I find myself going more and more in the hope that I'll find this six pack that everyone goes on about!
 
I found a post  on Facebook full of swearing and insinuating that people were judgemental. The whole thing was so poorly written I had to make a comment and this is my response "If you are going to rant about you affliction, at the very least make sure you do it in an eloquent manner that is worthy of the respect you obviously long for." Swearing when making a statement belittles the point, making it pointless! After I had written this I realised that I am turning into my mother. Scary really
 
When you grow up, someone somewhere always reminds you that daughters always turn into their mothers. But the likehood of this, at the time, that this ever happening is so remote.... then of course there seems to be a critical time. (This time for me was the birth of my nephew.)  It's almost like a switch has been flicked, in the same way teenagers and their "issues" kick off at that age.
 
I am hoping my friends stand by me in this transitional phase of my life and assist with keeping me fully grounded.
 
 

Me at the gym!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment