Thursday 17 January 2013

Windy.....

I don’t believe it! I just deleted the funniest blog to date… I will have to try and remember the wording!!!
Today I was going to talk about loud noises, but I feel myself for some reason being drawn to talking about medication, getting older and trapped wind.
Over the past four or five years I have been taking more and more herbal remedies to slow down the effects of getting older, in the vague hope that I remain at a certain level of human. My doctors (plural as I can never regularly see the Doctor listed on my medical card) keep giving me tablets for this and that, also to maintain a certain level of human!
The thing with getting older, a mixture of drugs and the everyday beatings that our bodies are exposed to in some people can create side effects…. For example irritable bowel syndrome or IBS as its more commonly referred to. This in turn leads to feelings of bloating and a sense that “my trousers weren’t this tight yesterday!” But the most debilitating effect can be that of trapped wind…..
The only truly successful way of reducing the pressure caused by this build up is “assuming the position”, which I’m sure is actually a well-known yoga position but I don’t appear to be able to locate the name….. Basically start with hands and knees on the floor, lower upper body then by leaning on elbows. This insures that bottom is firmly pointing north. Then concentrate, this should allow the methane to escape successfully.
This is a very personal experience and the manoeuvre should not be performed in view or in ear shot of any other individual. Also the topic should never be talked about in social circles as it is “an etiquette no no”.  Close friends and family might be happy to talk about the way the body functions but unless you are sure that the subject can be approached best just write about it in a blog for the whole world to read about!!!
Have a good day one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment