Wednesday 23 January 2013

I few home comforts makes the world of difference..

Got to LOVE the snow!!!!



Greetings, so today was interesting after last nights unexpected deluge of snow  in the south west of England. Even though the situation was worse than last Friday, it was felt by the powers that be, my place of employment be opened up! Which meant I had no option but to walk the 1.3 miles into work. Causing my already damaged Achilles tendon to hurt even more. I have had to put off jogging this evening as well; which I am obviously going to have to make up for next week.

That was the bad stuff from today.....

The positive side, it started snowing again, and just to be on the safe side I managed to get a lift home earlier, and brought some work home to do. A most productive day and because I was at home, I could control my environment. Stronger drugs for my ankle, cups of tea, hot food, comfort. It was wonderful, but the best thing was, and I know this is so not classy to admit, I could pass wind and no one was about to hear me. The relief was immense  I can't do that sort of thing at work. So I sit there and hope that the feeling just goes away.

Its a trauma thing you see...... I once went on holiday with my family, I was subjected to each member of the family passing gas in quick succession. This turn of events haunted me so greatly that I have never been able to break wind in public. Unless of course it's involuntarily. Sad story, really and very true.

My VooDoo Doll, just in case! 
Anyway - I hope everyone is safe and sound, having a warm night. I need to go and look for a chicken wrapped in bacon recipe for my supper tomorrow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment