Monday 14 January 2013

GET OUT OF MY WAY

So I have these good intentions - to walk to and from work..... I'm not sure why I bother.  Three people riding on bicycles committed the offence of riding on a pavement. That's like me walking in the middle of the road and holding up traffic.

For those of you who are unaware:

The basic offence
It’s an offence to ride your bike on any footpath or causeway which is by the side of any road and which is set apart for the accommodation of foot passengers. (HA 1835, s. 72)
If you commit this offence a constable in uniform can give you a fixed penalty of £30a community support officer can also hand out £30 FPNs. (RTOA ss. 51, 54; Sch 3; FPO Sch 1; PRA02 ss. 38, 38A; Sch 4 para. 1(2), (3); PRA(CSO) artt. 2, 3, Schedule)
Alternatively you can be prosecuted in the courts, in which case the maximum penalty is a fine of £500 plus liability for any damage you cause. (HA 1835 s. 72)

If you can tell, I really do suffer from OCD - which thanks to certain issues is getting worse. Things that attribute to my Obsessive Compulsive Behaviour
  • Cyclists riding on the footpaths
  • internal mail envelopes
  • washing up and clothes washing needs to be done in a certain order
  • swearing
  • bad driving
  • packing of grocery shopping needs to be done in a certain order
The effects my internal voice gets louder, stress and blood pressure levels go up. Quite frankly I should be locked away given medication and spend the rest of my days in lala land. I know a little on the extreme side but it will come to the point someday where I will find myself in a corner rocking backward and forward, singing kumbaya and dribbling.

Ok thank you for listening, I'm going to get back in my box now, rant over.... Time to get on with some work - have a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment