Saturday 19 January 2013

4 seasons.....

I was meant to be going to watch the Rocky Horror Show at the Bristol Hippodrome this evening. But due to the adverse weather conditions the decision not to go has been made for me. Sub-zero temperatures and the fact that my Achilles' tendon is swollen = no Saturday night fun for me!

The whole weekend is spoilt, and I'm just not prepared for snow.... I blame this unpreparedness on the fact there is no defined four seasons these days. When I was growing up, spring was warm, and full of blossom. Summer was hot with hose pipe bans, autumn was cooler with warmer colours on the trees. Winter was cold, with snow and icy conditions that we always managed to cope with!

These days spring.... Rain summer and warm Rain autumn rain winter cold and rain! Global warming has a lot to answer for, but so to the building companies, as they seem to think its wise to build on flood plans is a sensible idea. So year round rain and the building companies stupidity = wide spread flooding.

So when we do get a seasonal snow flurry we are stuck... Wanting 4x4's sledges and better quality snow! What we in the southwest of England were subjected to was substandard snow..... Slush!

Which hangs around for short periods and makes it impossible if it freezes!!! I would love to live a place that still has defined seasons. Please someone help me out, where on this planet still has 4 seasons????


No comments:

Post a Comment